Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baked Veggies

We eat a lot of veggies.  I have found that baking a large cookie sheet full of veggies is the easiest thing to do.  I coat the cookie sheet with non-stick olive oil spray and then pile on broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, green beans, mushrooms, onions, carrots, garlic cloves and whatever else I can get my hands on!  I then spray the top with non-stick olive oil spray, sprinkle with black pepper and season salt.  Bake at 375 for about 35 minutes. 
**Note** If you prefer your veggies blackened, (broccoli is especially good this way) bake at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes.  

2 comments:

  1. I recently discovered roasting my veggies in the oven. And I luh-huv the texture and taste of my asparagus and brussel sprouts. That's all I've tried so far, but have a lovely yellow cauliflower in the fridge thanks to DH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vickie,
    That's the only way I cook them now. They taste wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete