Friday, August 19, 2011

Chicken Fajitas


This is a quick and easy meal. I started out by coating a skillet with olive oil and then adding about 1 T. of minced garlic. I then added thawed chicken breast tenders to the skillet and seasoned them with salt, pepper and a little bit of lemon pepper. Cooked until well browned. While the chicken was cooking, I sprayed a small skillet with non-stick spray and added chopped onions and sliced mushrooms, sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cooked these until tender. I served the chicken, along with the mushrooms and onions on a whole wheat tortilla, topped with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced black olives, salsa and fat free sour cream. As a side, I served corn on the cob and fresh fruit. Another idea for the chicken is to mix about 1/2 C. olive oil, 1 tsp. of minced garlic, a splash of low sodium soy sauce, black pepper and some ginger together in small bowl. Place chicken pieces in a large ziplock bag, add mixture to bag and let it marinate for a few hours before you are ready to cook. I've also added dijon mustard to the marinade on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment