Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Better Butter Chicken-Fragrant Indian butter chicken-Looneyspoons Cookbook

2 T butter (I used olive oil)
1 1/2 C chopped onions
2 tsp minced garlic
1 T grated gingerroot
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp each ground coriander and ground tumeric
1/2 tsp each ground cinnamon and ground cumin
1 can (28 ounces) no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
1 1/2 C reduced sodium chicken broth
1 T brown sugar (I used stevia)
1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
1 whole cooked rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat cut up ( I used cooked chicken strips )
1/3 C light sour cream
1 T minced fresh cilantro
Hot cooked basmati rice (I used cooked brown rice)

Melt butter in a deep, 10-inch skillet over medium heat.  Add onion and garlic.  Cook slowly, stirring often, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.  Add gingerroot, chili powder, coriander, tumeric, cinnamon and cumin.  Cook 1 more minute.  Add tomatoes, chicken broth, brown sugar, salt and pepper.  Reduce heat to low.  Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  
Add cut up chicken and sour cream.  Simmer, uncovered, for 5 more minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.  Serve over hot basmati rice, if desired.  
I served this with a side of baked veggies and topped the chicken with avocado.
     

1 comment:

  1. Excited words written in this blog helped me to improve my aptitudes and helped me to know how I can help myself all alone. I am truly happy to come at this stage. Japanese restaurant in Handerson

    ReplyDelete