Thursday, July 28, 2011

Shrimp Pasta




I kinda made this recipe up. It was very easy and tasted really good, so I wanted to share it with you. I coated the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and then added minced garlic ( I'd say about 2 Tablespoons) and chopped yellow onions. I then added in large shrimp ( tails removed) and sprinkled with salt, pepper and a little bit of lemon pepper. After it was heated through, I added cooked whole wheat linguine noodles. I then mixed about a half jar of Ragu Light/ sugar free tomato and basil spaghetti sauce with about a cup of fat free sour cream. I added this into the pasta and mixed well, cooking until heated through. I served it topped with sliced black olives and grape tomatoes. I also topped it with just a sprinkle of reduced fat parmesan cheese. I served it with steamed veggies and a whole wheat roll. This pasta would also be good with grilled chicken or salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment