Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Curry-McCormick.com

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 T. curry powder (I may use more next time to give it more of a curry flavor)
1 package chicken gravy mix
1 can (14 1/2 ounce) chicken broth
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 medium golden delicious apple, unpeeled, cored and coarsely chopped
1/4 C. raisins
1/4 C. chopped onions
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup of instant rice (I made rice in my rice cooker instead of using the instant.  I did not add it to the slow cooker)
Directions:
Cut each chicken breast in half.  Sprinkle chicken with curry powder ( I also sprinkled them with salt and pepper)
Gradually stir gravy mix into broth in slow cooker until well blended.  Add seasoned chicken and remaining ingredients except rice. Stir well.  Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.  Gently stir in instant rice.  Cover and cook for an additional 15-20 min. on high or until rice is tender.  Remove bay leaves before serving.
I served this with green beans and squash.  

No comments:

Post a Comment