Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cilantro Lime Shrimp-www.skinnytaste.com

Ingredients:
2 tsp. olive oil ( I used non-stick spray instead )
2 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined ( I bought my shrimp already cooked )
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1/3 C. chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Heat skillet and then add oil.  When pan is hot, add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.  Add garlic.  Saute' until shrimp is cooked and heated through.  Remove from heat, squeeze lime juice over shrimp and then toss with cilantro.

I served this over brown rice with asparagus, mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes on the side.  Also served with corn on the cob.  This is a great meal for the hot summer months.  I plan to use the leftover shrimp on big green salads for dinner tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Lori! I'm Eva Garrido (your friend in facebook) Thank you for all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eva! I'm glad you like my ideas...thanks for viewing my blog...=)

    ReplyDelete